Instructions for the use and maintenance of solar water heaters
1. Check your solar water heater after the first days of installation. Look particularly for any leakage in any of the connections points.
2. During the summer, if there are days with very high temperatures or/ and if you are not using all of the hot water, cover part or all collector area starting from the lower collector part.
3. If you are absent during the summer and not using your solar water heater (vacations etc), FULLY COVER THE COLLECTORS. This way, you will avoid refilling the system with thermal liquid after summer period is over and you will increase the lifespan of your system (avoiding unnecessary load caused by high water temperatures).
4. During winter, avoid pointless usage of hot water (unless it is absolutely necessary), between 10:00 am to 14:00 pm. This way maximum system performance is achieved.
5. When summer begins, it is suggested that all points with insulation material are repainted using a white insulating color, for their optimum protection.
6. When autumn begins, the glass surface of the collectors might appear dusty. Remove dust and clean well early in the morning before they accumulate heat from the sun. Use tepid water with a common detergent.
7. The protection anode is attached in the electrical heating element. Replace anode and element (if not changed earlier) after 4 years for the Stainless steel tanks (MALTEZOS) and 2 years for the enameled tanks (SUNPOWER). If an external anode was placed during installation, monitor every 6 months and replace when expended.
8. Activate at least once a year solar water heater security valve pushing the appropriate lever.
9. ATTENTION!!! MAKE SURE YOU DISCONNECT THE POWER SUPPLY BEFORE ANY INTERVENTION WITH THE ELECTRICAL ELEMENT.
10. Management of Solar Water heater parts after the end of its useful life should be in accordance with relevant laws and regulations applicable to the area of installation, considering recycling the materials it is made of.